Welcome to Labrador State School and thank you for taking the time to get to know our wonderful school and community. It is a privilege to serve the students, teachers and families of Labrador State School as Principal and I trust that you and your family will find Labrador State School a great school as we learn together.
With an enrolment of around 850 students Labrador State School is in a position to provide a high level of resources and at the same time students are known on a more personal level. Being a part of a strong State Education System we are in a position to ensure our teachers have access to high quality professional development, training and support.
If you are in our catchment area, then we would love to have you join our school. Enrolment details can be found on this website or you can call the office on 56650333.
Our school has the following points of difference that separate us from other schools:
- School based mental health worker
- Junior and Senior School choir
- Instrumental music
- Kidsmatter mental health framework.
- The option of Ipad classes in Years 2 to 6
- Student leadership positions, School Captains, Sporting Captains, Peer leaders
- A high standard of school grounds and facilities including a pool and resource centre
- Two dedicated Mac computer labs
- Garden project
Furthermore, our school has the following key personnel to support students and provide a high standard of quality pastoral care and focussed learning:
- Deputy Principal P to 2
- Deputy Principal Year 3 and 4
- Deputy Principal Year 5 and 6
- Head of Special Education Services
- Head of Curriculum
- Full time Guidance Officer
- Specialist ICT and STEM teacher
- Chaplain one day a week
- On site school based parent support worker
Our school motto, Of One Accord, is best defined as:
If a number of people do something with one accord, they do it together or at the same time, because they agree about what should be done.
Come and join our Labrador community, I look forward to working with you and your family.
Yours in Education,